The data catalog site uses the open source software CKAN (http://ckan.org/) to provide the data catalog functionality, and enables you to perform searches such as the following.
On the data catalog site, you can perform searches such as the following:
- Search by a search term (https://www.data.go.jp/data/en/dataset)
You can search datasets that contain the entered search term in their metadata or in the metadata of the resources under the datasets.
In addition, you can enter multiple search terms when performing a search.
- Search by a tag specified for the metadata (https://www.data.go.jp/data/en/tagg8)
Datasets have previously added keywords (tags). This enables you to select a tag from the tag list to search for information related to the keyword without entering a search term.
- Search by an organization (https://www.data.go.jp/data/en/organization)
Datasets have information about the organizations (ministries and agencies) that created the dataset as metadata. If you know the ministry or agency that created the data to be searched for, you can narrow down the ministries and agencies, and then enter a search term.
When entering multiple search terms, depending on the way you enter the terms, one of the following search results is displayed.
- When using "OR" (half-width uppercase characters) to connect multiple search terms:
Data that contains one of the search terms is displayed as the search result.
- When using "AND" (half-width uppercase characters) or a half-width space character to connect multiple search terms:
Data that contains all of the connected search terms is displayed as the search result.